This is about a quick fix for colds and COVID-19 and variants. If you have some of the symptoms, have been tested positive and, are not interested in the details here is what you can try. The treatment should be applied when symptoms occur for best results. It is a simple enhancement of the immune system with no pills, no injections, and low to no cost. It requires that you must block your nose and breathe through your mouth for at least 1.5 hours. If you are uncomfortable with this, read no further. For you people that are still with me here is what to do.
Get some equipment.
· Something to block your nose. I made a simple nose clip using house wire leaving the insulation on. Shown in the picture with needle-nose pliers and the copper wire diameter and length. Nose clip are available on line at Ebay and Amazon for quantity or, in sports stores and in Canada what we call drug stores. Or a piece of wide medical or hockey tape.
- · A thermometer
- · Some way to keep time.
- · Pad and pencil.
- · A way to keep your body warm and your head in particular. A sweater, head covering, light coat, sauna, warm bath, sun in moderation, skipping for 5 minutes or, some physical activity to increase your body temperature if needed.
- · Maybe some way to heat your sinuses around your nose if they are bothering you. I use a heating pad but hand, foot, and body warmers pad wrapped in a layer of cotton cloth will work. Follow the instructions on the package. The local price where I live is about $1 per pad.
- · You may need some nose tissue of some sort.
- · You will need to be hydrated so have a supply of water, tea, coffee but not alcohol.
- · Some entertainment to divert your mind.
- · If you have taken any cold or anti-fever pills that contain acetaminophen (Paracetamol), Ibuprofen, and Aspirin, wait until they stop being effective. Some last 12 to 24 hours. Fever is your friend and best defense mechanism.
- · Get warm until you perspire. Measure your temperature orally under and at the back of your tongue. Your reading should be 37 0C or 98.6 0F for your core temperature to be (38-39 0C) or (100.4-102.2 0F). This method reads low by almost 1 C to 2 F. If you don’t have a thermometer but an apparent temperature that will be a good start.
- · Find a warm place where you can be comfortable for 1.5 to 2.5 hours. Note that if you use a hot tub make sure the water temperature is below 39.4 0C or 103 0F and set an alarm for 2 hours. You don’t want to cook.
- · Start when you are warm and comfortable.
- · Block your nose so that no air can come in or leave using one of the nose blockers mentioned above. Your nose produces a unique oil that should be cleaned with soap and water.
- · Record your time and temperature.
- · Sip fluids as you progress
- · Stay warm and comfortable for about 1.5 to 2.5 hours. If you wish you can unblock your nose for a few minutes (2-5), particularly if necessary to swallow. At first, it takes about 10-15 minutes to heat your nasal cavity and throat to your core temperature. This is the start of the demise of cold viruses. The duration time for this to happen depends on the upper limit of the particular cold virus. COVID-19 seems to be sensitive to temperatures just above 37.5 0C and rhinoviruses slightly higher. My personal experience with the latter is a duration time of about ½ hour with the temperature about 39 0C.
- · If your sinuses and nasal cavity are clear you are done.
- · If your sinuses are blocked in any way, this is a good time to add heat to them. Concentrate the heat to the forehead just above the nose and the top of the nose then both cheeks just below the eyes, 15 to 10 minutes at each location.
- My advice is to repeat the process the next day if not completely cleared after the first treatment.
Note: For the best results this treatment should be applied as soon as any of the symptoms appear. Waiting a few days will help to build up your immune system but on the downside, your sensors for smelling may have more damage. As the viruses multiply the channels that connect to your hearing and eye can become compromised and this is when strange sensations start to happen. If you wait too long before applying this treatment and your fever rises too high then you are in trouble and must take measure to cool you body quickly.
For more information, you can click on the link on the right How to Cure Common Cold(6) or look at a few of the previous posts.
Alan Robb, Ph.D. (aka AlanR the engineer)